Monday, May 3, 2010

A True Story – Smile Always!!

One sunny morning after much ado and fuss, I rushed out to reach my place of work. The scorching heat, the hustle and bustle of people, the slow moving traffic and cars honking wildly, added to my fuming state. I was already late for the morning meeting. The boss’s face, red and purple, hands on his hips, raised fear in me. What am I going to say today!!!

The visions haunted me as I walked along the pavement amongst rows of slum dwellers. I quickened my pace cursing softly to no one in particular. Suddenly, out of nowhere this little creature appeared in front of me. Completely in rags, sweaty and dirty. I stopped for a second and turned away least caring. An unfortunate, homeless, vagabond, I thought to myself and continued at my steady pace, carrying a knotty stomach filled with butterflies.

Like a leech, he walked alongside me staring wide eyed at my plight, studying me. Short of breath, I halted. He halted with me and smiled lovingly. Completely in awe, I was bowled over by his innocence. A renewed feeling full of love and warmth swept over me. I smiled back at him with an outstretched hand which he shook willingly. I thanked him with a chocolate bar.

I went my way and he his. I continued my walk with a new surge of confidence. I entered the office with a smile and a grin. My beaming face cleared the tense atmosphere lurking around the office staff. His smile had inspired me, brightened my day and lingered with me all day long.
“ A Smile can do Wonders in a Person’s Life”

S-Strong
M-Motivating
I- Inspiring
L-Longlasting
E-Emotion

SMILE ALWAYS-It's free!!! I smiled today, did you???

No comments:

Post a Comment